The supercharged AirLink XR80 is optimized for fixed and mobile applications. The available dual-5G cellular radio and 4X5 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 delivers flexibility for customized configurations. The AirLink XR80 supports complete device-to-cloud security, reduces your total cost of ownership with ALMS Out-of-Band management, and with the cartridged-based design, enables long-term expandability and upgradability.
The AirLink XR80 is designed for fixed and mobile, business-critical applications that require ultimate connectivity and reliability, featuring Real-time connectivity with unmatched uplink and downlink speeds using 5G, Wi-Fi 6, and 5 Gbps Ethernet technology. “Always-on” connectivity delivers consistent primary and backup connectivity for public and private networks using AirLink Sierra Wireless Cognitive Wireless.
- 5G (non-mmWave) >2 Gbps with 4G/3G fallback
• Optional expansion cartridges (cartridge includes cellular radio module and Ethernet port)
• Wi-Fi: XR80—4×5 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 (With dedicated Wi-Fi client Rx)
• Ethernet (LAN/WAN):
· Main router ports: 1×5 Gbps, 2×1 Gbps
· XP cartridge(s) port: 1×1 Gbps
• Direct vehicle bus (CAN bus) interface (OBD-II (J1979)/J1939))
• 5 configurable GPIOs
• USB-C connector: USB 3.1 Gen 1 (SuperSpeed 5 Gbps)
• Assisted GNSS with inertial navigation and dead reckoning
· Precision mobile events reporting (via NMEA/TAIP streaming) at 1 second intervals allows for detailed network and connectivity analysis.
Our recommendation for antennas is to use the 4×5 MIMO Wi-Fi and 4×4 MIMO cellular, however the XR80 will work with 2×2 MIMO Wi-Fi and 2×2 MIMO cellular.
The supercharged AirLink XR80 is optimized for fixed and mobile applications. The available dual-5G cellular radio and 4X5 MIMO Wi-Fi 6 allows for flexibility and customized configurations. The cartridged-based design of the XR series, enables long-term expandability and upgradability.
XR80 – 5G Expandable Multi-Network Router for Public Safety, Field Service Fleets and Mission-Critical Fixed Applications.
- Single-radio 5G router for fixed applications
- Easily expand to dual-radios and to add more functionality with the cartridge-based design
- 4 ethernet ports and 5×4 MIMO Wi-Fi 6
- Remote device management through AirLink Complete
The AirLink XR80 supports complete device-to-cloud security and reduces your total cost of ownership with ALMS Out-of-Band management.
Mobile mission critical applications in public safety and field service fleets, Fixed Wireless Access, SCADA, Edge and industrial IoT.
- Blue Light Vehicles
- Utility Bucket Trucks
- Commercial Fleets
- Fixed Utility Applications
- Remote Learning
|Modem||5G NR FR1 / LTE Advanced Pro|
|SIM Slots||2x SIM slots|
|Accessories Included||DC Power Supply and LPWA Antenna Included|
|Ports||Main Unit: 1x 5.0 GigE, 2x GigE, 1x USB 3.2 Type-C, 1x Aux (GPIO/CAN), Dual RS232 Serial on RJ-45. Expanded Unit: 1x 5.0 GigE, 3x GigE, 1x USB 3.2 Type-C, 1x Aux (GPIO/CAN), Dual RS232 Serial on RJ-45.|
|Operating Temperature||-30 °C to 70 °C|
|Antenna Connectors||Main Unit: 4x Cellular, 5x Wi-Fi (4×4 MIMO + 1×1 Wi-Fi client Rx Only), 1x GNSS, 1x Bluetooth, 1x LPWA. Expanded Unit: 8x Cellular, 5x Wi-Fi (4×4 MIMO + 1×1 Wi-Fi client Rx Only), 1x GNSS, 1x Bluetooth, 1x LPWA.|
|Housing||Die Cast Aluminium|
|Dimensions (mm)||220 x 170 x 53|
|Device Industry Use Cases||Branch Offices,Construction,Transportation|
|Device Applications||Failover Connectivity,In-Vehicle,Primary Connectivity|
RV55 LTE-A Pro (Cat 12) 4G & Wi-Fi Vehicle Router (Dual SIM, up to 20 clients)£649.00 Add to basket
LX40 4G LTE (Cat 4) Wi-Fi Vehicle Router (Single SIM, up to 10 clients)£395.00 Add to basket
R5020 5G/4G LTE Wi-Fi Vehicle Router£760.00 Add to basket
LX60 4G LTE (Cat 4) Wi-Fi Vehicle Router (Single SIM, up to 10 clients)£495.00 Add to basket