The i-PDM Plus is In-CarPC’s top-spec PDM (Power Distribution Module) supporting 25 outputs all controlled through the i-PDM’s software. The i-PDM replaces the need for conventional relays and fuses in the vehicles electrical system, improving reliability while also simplifying the wiring system of the vehicle.
The i-PDM Plus is our high-spec Power Distribution Module solution with all the functionality of the i-PDM Core. It features 10 additional outputs compared to the i-PDM Core and 2 CAN Bus interfaces. The i-PDM Plus supports 16 input functions and 25 outputs. With 19 high side outputs, 4 hybrid high/low side outputs and 2 with reverse current protection. The 2 CAN Bus connections adds the ability integrate the system into the existing vehicle CAN Bus. It also allows for connecting up to 2 CAN Keypads to each CAN Bus. This means you can connect up to a staggering 4 CAN Keypads to the i-PDM Plus.
The In-CarPC i-PDM replaces relays and fuses in the vehicles electrical system with a fully customisable power distribution module. It also takes input signals from physical switches, analogue voltages and the vehicles CAN Bus. The i-PDM controls various outputs including, radiator fans, vehicle lighting and even our existing range of PC’s and routers through these input controls. All signals are programmable via the i-PDM’s configuration software which features resettable fuses with fully customisable parameters.
The current being drawn across the whole system is constantly being monitored by the i-PDM. The current for each individual connection can be viewed in the software. The fusing values are constantly checked against the drawn current and then if there is a fault due to over current the device is switched off to protect the vehicles wiring loom and also the connected device. If the devices fuse is set to retry the i-PDM will automatically reset the fuse and restart the device. This monitoring can also be used to log data from the vehicles electrical system and CAN Bus, meaning the whole of the vehicles electrical system can be monitored and graphed in real time increasing reliability and dependability.
- i-PDM Plus
- 4x Deutch DT Connectors + contacts
- USB Cable
- M8 ring terminal & cover
Advantages Over Fuses and Relays
- Greatly simplifies system wiring and reduces system component count, saving you money overall when labour/ time is accounted for.
- Reduces the weight of the electrical system.
- Provides increased reliability over traditional systems using mechanical relays.
- Solid state technology removes the problem of relay contact corrosion and relay bouncing in vibration heavy applications.
- Smart features such as indicator and wiper motor modes remove the need for extra control units.
- Current draw can be monitored and logged to pre-emptively detect faults.
- CAN bus communication allows your i-PDM to send/receive data from other CAN bus devices in the vehicle, such as the vehicle ECU. This paves the way for advanced control/ safety strategies such as automatic engine cut offs, fuel pump cut offs, radiator fan control and more.
- Easy integration with popular CAN bus keypads, improving system reliability and functionality.
- Size: 200x160x54mm
- Weight: 660g
- Operating Temperature: -55°C to 90°C (-67°F to 194°F)
- Construction: Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastic
- IP Rating: IP67
- Connectors: Deutsch DT 12-Pin
- Update Rate: Up to 1000Hz Input and Output
- Type: 16 Analogue inputs, which can also serve as digital inputs
- Each input can measure voltages between 0-28V, independent of the battery voltage.
- Measurement Resolution: 10-Bit, or 0.01V
- Protection: Fully protected for input voltages from -24V to 40V
- Each input has a software selectable 10K Pull-up or Pull-down resistor
- Added Features: Current sourcing for ground switch detection. Configure as active high or low. Configurable Hysteresis voltage. Latching or momentary operation.
- 19 high side outputs 80A peak, 20A continuous.
- 4 hybrid high/low side outputs 80A peak, 20A continuous.
- 2 reverse current protected outputs, for use with wiper motors. 80A peak, 20A continuous
- Combined: 180A combined output maximum current
- Output Current Control Steps: 100mA (0.1A)
- Protection: Each output is over-current, overtemperature, load dump and reverse polarity protected.
- PWM: Each output can be Pulse Width Modulated based on a user defined variable. This can limit the speed of radiator fans, fuel pumps, and dim lights.
- Soft Start: PWM soft start can be enabled on outputs to limit inrush current.
- Added Features: Outputs can be configured to stay on for a specified time after the input is removed, useful for thermo-fans. Outputs can be retried multiple times after an over-current event is detected.
- Support for Blink Marine, Grayhill, and Marlin CAN keypads.
- Up to four keypads can be used at once.
- Interface: 2x CAN2.0A/B
- Bus Speed: 50kbps, 100kbps, 125kbps, 250kbps, 500kbps, 1000kbps
- Termination Resistor: Both CAN bus ports have software selectable CAN termination resistors.
- Input Stream: 40 Inputs, fully customisable variable parsing with bit masking and maths functions. A range of CAN config files are available to comunicate with common ECUs.
- Output Stream: 40 Outputs, fully customisable CAN frame construction with maths functions
- Storage: 128Mb of onboard flash storage for logging i-PDM data
- Speed: 0.1Hz to 50Hz
- Viewing: Data can be downloaded and graphed via the In-CarPC i-PDM configuration software
- Output Functions: Each Output can be switched with a user defined function
- Logical Operators: AND, OR, NOR, XOR, NAND, NOR, >, >=, <, <=, Equal, Not Equal
- Fully customisable Maths Functions
- Mathematical Operators: Mathematical Operators – Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, Division, Modulus, Choose, Min, Max
- Binary Operators: AND, OR, XOR, Left Shift, Right Shift
- Configurable counters which increment, decrement, and reset based on user defined conditions
- Internal Wi-Fi module allows the user to configure the i-PDM wirelessly
- The i-PDM Wi-Fi module can create its own Wi-Fi hotspot to connect to or alternatively the i-PDM Wi-Fi module can connect to an existing network.
- Type: USB 2.0 Compliant Mini-B
- Driver: Integrated driver for Windows 10
- Rotation: 3-axis rotational position measurement 0.1° resolution
- Gyroscope: 2000°/s 3-axis measurement
- Accelerometer: -8g to 8g 3-axis measurement
- Compatibility: Windows 10 machines
- Connectivity: Easy connection to the i-PDM with USB and windows integrated drivers. No unreliable USB-serial converter needed.
The i-PDM Core can be connected to up to 4 Keypads.
Click here for more information on our range of keypads.
Please select your required icons from the list below.