The i-PDM Lite is In-CarPC’s entry level PDM (Power Distribution Module) supporting 10 outputs all controlled through the i-PDM’s software. The i-PDM replaces the need for conventional relays and fuses in the vehicles electrical system, improving reliability while also simplifying the wiring system of the vehicle.
The i-PDM Lite is our entry-level Power Distribution Module solution with two 12-pin connectors. It supports 10 input functions and 10 high side outputs. These 10 inputs can be linked to physical switches anywhere in the vehicle which can then be used to control any of the connected outputs. The outputs can also be triggered by the vehicles electrical system using the voltage measured by the i-PDM.
The In-CarPC i-PDM Lite replaces relays and fuses in the vehicles electrical system with a fully customisable power distribution module. The i-PDM controls various outputs including, radiator fans, vehicle lighting and even our existing range of PC’s and routers, these can be linked to the i-PDM’s inputs. All signals are programmable via the i-PDM’s configuration software which features resettable fuses with fully customisable parameters.
The current being drawn across the whole system is constantly being monitored by the i-PDM. Each individual connection can also be viewed and graphed in the software. Fusing values are constantly checked against the drawn current. If there is a fault due to over current the device is switched off to protect the vehicles wiring loom and also the connected device. If the devices fuse is set to retry the i-PDM will automatically reset the fuse and restart the device. This monitoring can also be used to log data from the vehicles electrical system. Meaning the whole of the vehicles electrical system can be monitored and graphed in real time increasing reliability and dependability.
Advantages Over Fuses and Relays
- Greatly simplifies system wiring and reduces system component count.
- Reduces the weight of the electrical system.
- Provides increased reliability over traditional systems using mechanical relays.
- Solid state technology removes the problem of relay contact corrosion and relay bouncing in vibration heavy applications.
- Smart features such as indicator and wiper motor modes remove the need for extra control units.
- Current draw can be monitored and logged to pre-emptively detect faults.
- Size: 133x119x36mm
- Weight: 250g
- Operating Temperature: -55°C to 90°C (-67°F to 194°F)
- Construction: Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastic
- IP Rating: IP67
- Connectors: Deutsch DTM 12-Pin
- Update Rate: Up to 800Hz
- Type: 10 Analogue inputs, which can also serve as digital inputs
- Measurement Range: Each input can measure between 0V-6V
- Measurement Resolution: 10-Bit, or 0.01V
- Protection: Fully protected for input voltages from -24V to 40V
- Added Features: Current sourcing for ground switch detection. Configure as active high or low. Configurable Hysteresis voltage. Latching or momentary operation.
- Type: 10 High side outputs 80A peak, 15A continuous.
- Combined: 150A combined output maximum current
- Output Current Control Steps: 100mA (0.1A)
- Protection: Each output is over-current, over-temperature, load dump and reverse polarity protected.
- 5V: One 5V, 500mA output for supplying external sensors
- Added Features: Outputs can be configured to stay on for a specified time after the input is removed, useful for thermo-fans. Outputs can be retried multiple times after an over-current event is detected.
- Storage: 128Mb of onboard flash storage for logging i-PDM data
- Speed: 0.1Hz to 50Hz
- Viewing: Data can be downloaded and graphed via the In-CarPC i-PDM configuration software
- Output Functions: Each Output can be switched with a user defined function
- Logical Operators: AND, OR, NOR, XOR, NAND, NOR, >, >=, <, <=, Equal, Not Equal
- Type: USB 2.0 Compliant Mini-B
- Driver: Integrated driver for Windows 10